Monday, January 6, 2014

Less Fear, More Fun

That's my mantra for 2014

I've been away for a while, but it's time to come back. So despite my busy days, lack of design skills and pesky perfectionist tendencies, it's time.  Time to record the fun, the laughter, the challenges, the goals, the accomplishments and even just the regular stuff that makes up our lives. It's important, it's what we're doing with these precious lives we've been given.

So despite the fact that right now it's 10:30 pm, January 6th and my Christmas tree is still standing tall in the living room adorned with ornaments; my two-year old twin boys are climbing in and out of their cribs, giggling at the hilarity of their newfound freedom; my house is in a state of total disaster; and I'm sleepy from a wildly hectic day. I'm also grateful. Grateful for the hour we spent playing with play-doh today, for the nudge my husband gave me to write this post, for the cozy fire warming my toes right now and grateful that I've let go of some fear, taken a leap and opened myself up for some fun. After all, you only live once.

Happy 2014!

No comments: