Thursday, June 26, 2008

Still waiting for the Bean...

Well we're two days from our due date and still no Bean.

I went to the doctor on Monday and Baby Bean looks to be ready to go and is still in the right position (very low). My doctor says it looks like it could be any day now - but we've heard that before. So we're playing the waiting game.

Luckily my nesting instinct is still going strong. I've been filling my days with cleaning, cooking, and baking - our freezer is stocked with casserols, cookies and more strawberry jam than two people will ever possibly eat. I'm starting to feel like I've been possessed by Martha Stewart.

The one thing keeping me sane is visits and chats with friends who are also on maternity leave. Thank heavens there are friends to chat with throughout the day. Today I went to my first ever Stars and Strollers movie with Julie and Maisee. It was super fun -Bean and I will definitely be taking in some movies - especially when the weather gets cold.

Other than that things are pretty quiet in the McMahon household. Although we get excited at every little pain - thinking it could be time. So far it's been nothing but false alarms.

Oh well Beaner will set things in motion when he or she is ready, until then... we wait.

PS Favorite food of the week - I'm still on the STRAWBERRY kick! Strawberry jam and tea biscuits are so tasty!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

congratulations! we can't wait to meet little natalie! i hope we get to catch up while i'm in calgary next week! so excited to see photos!